The 7th Euro-Argo Science Meeting will be held on 22-23 October 2019 in Athens, Greece.
Aims of the meeting
Call for abstracts
The meeting will include sessions on all aspects of Argo science. The conveners invite submission of abstracts on topics including, but not limited to:
- Argo data for operational oceanography (e.g. the Copernicus Marine Service) and seasonal to decadal climate prediction.
- Synergies and complementarities with other in-situ and satellite observations
- Heat and freshwater content, Earth energy budget and sea level variations
- Inter-annual to decadal variability of water mass properties
- Deep water formation and monitoring of the Meridional Overturning Circulation
- Regional studies using Argo data
- Contribution of Argo to high latitude research challenges
- Biogeochemistry and carbon research.
- Technological advances and results from pilot experiments.
- Sensors development
- Calibration/validation issues and advancements
Note: Limited travel support will be available to encourage early career scientists to attend the meeting. Allocation of the funds will be decided on rationale provided by the applicants.