Dates: 27 September - 1 October 2021
Format: online event
For the BGC Argo workshop, the objectives are to:
- review progress done in implementing best practices in the area of floats preparation, float deployment and data management (session 1),
- exchange with user community (e.g. biogeochemical modelers, ocean color) to listen to their needs and develop synergies (session 4)
- to foster interaction with other component of ocean observing system, including deep Argo (session 3 described below).
The objectives of the Deep-Argo workshop are to assess progress of the Deep-Argo mission (from scientific use of Deep Argo data to technological ability of floats and sensors), to review end-users' needs, and to finalize the implementation plan of the global Deep Argo array of 1250 floats. One question that remains open is the implementation of oxygen sensors on Deep-Argo floats; scientific motivation, required accuracy and stability, and oxygen sensor readiness and cost will be discussed.
This question will be addressed during the joint BGC-Deep Argo session (session 3). This session will be also dedicated to interactions between Argo (Deep and BGC) and other networks and observing programs (DOOS, GO-SHIP, Oceansites, Gliders). The questions that we want to address during this session are what can we do for each other, what can we do together.
General organisation & agenda
These workshops are organised as part of the EuroSea H2020 EU project. They will be run in parallel and virtually.
The time of session is 13:00 to 16:00 UTC, that is:
The meeting is open to anyone but registration is mandatory. Click here to open the registration form.
Registration will be closing Thursday, Sept. 23rd.
Technical details about participation will be announced to registered participants closer to the event
This event is 100% virtual. The link to the online sessions will be sent to registered participants.
- Hervé Claustre and Catherine Schmechtig for BGC-Argo
- Brian King, Nathalie Zilberman, Virginie Thierry and Kamila Walicka for Deep-Argo
Organising committee: firstname.lastname@example.org