Euro-Argo ERIC & The Institut Océanographique
Maison des océans, Paris, France 4-5 July 2017
Aims of the meeting
- To bring together the users of Argo data and other complementary observations, for operational oceanography and studies of the circulation and physical and biogeochemical properties of the oceans.
- To stimulate research using Argo data, especially in combination with other data types and models.
- To allow users to widen their experience of the Euro-Argo community, welcome young scientists into that community and encourage their use of Argo data.
- To further increase the visibility of the Argo Programme beyond its core uses in physical oceanography and climate research.
- Highlight the new fields of research activities allowed by the extensions of the core Argo program to new fields for research from Argo data (biogeochemistry, ocean acidification) and extended areas of interest (marginal seas, boundary currents, high latitudes)
- To provide an opportunity for users of Argo data to participate in discussions of how Argo should evolve within Europe and globally.
April 17th, 2017: Abstract submission deadline
May 15th, 2017: Users meeting Programme
June 19th, 2017: Registration deadline