The Autonomous Platform Workpackage is organized round 7 networks :
- Task 3.1 Argo evolution
- Task 3.2 OceanSITES biogeochemistry
- Task 3.3 OceanSITES transport
- Task 3.4 Glider
- Task 3.5 PIRATA
- Task 3.6 Surface drifter
- Task 3.7 European Animal Telemetry Network (EATN)
WP3 is organised around three main objectives :
- Network enhancement based on existing observation capacity to development & improvement of technological gaps, improve temporal/spatial resolution of data acquisition, extend the diversity of measured variables (EOVs)
- Data stream improvement in close link with the AtlantOS Data Management WP7 : to better standardize data stream /network, enhance dataset interoperability, data sharing protocols, develop/improve real-time data quality control procedures(operational driven) as well as delayed-mode data quality procedures (Science- driven.)
- Network sustainability in partnership with international non EU countries (Brasil, Canada, USA, S.Africa), and other other EU- programs (Euro-Argo ERIC, FixO3, JERICO, EGO…)
The Euro-Argo ERIC leads task 3.1 and coordinates operations at sea and associated logistics to allow deployment of 7 deep-oxygen and 7 Bio Argo floats .
The ERIC also coordinated the network sustainability issues in coherence with the “Strategy for evolution of Argo in Europe” document issued y the Euro-Argo ERIC Management Board and validated by the Council.